Sunday, April 10, 2011

Trouble Man

THOBACK!!



While I'm on topic of 70's movies I get on one of my favorites from the era of perfect afros.


Trouble Man is a movie I threw in my queue in no particular hurry to get it but when it came through I was thoroughly satisfied and lightweight upset I never heard of from any of my folks.  On some Arsenio "how come you didn't tell me the cheese was this good" type shit.


I heard of Shaft alot, and I threw that in my queue too, Netflix refers other similar movies once you get something in a particular genre, I watched Shaft and Mr. T was cooler than that dude.  I don't know why this dude ain't get that pub like Shaft or Superfly but T was cooler than both of them niggas, in my opinion.  And they had Marvin Gaye on the soundtrack and err'thang.

The movie starts of with this brotha telling one of ladies some slick shit.


One of Mr. T's chicks:  When am I gonna see you again, T?
   Mr T standing by the edge of the pool straightening out his suit's collar and sleeves
Mr. T :  Im gonna have to think about that baby.
   Mr T bounces.
Scene ends.


So from the gate, I'm like 'okay, I'm watching a playa movie because she was dealing with a playa who told her ass some playa shit and bounced.  Let me see what this old nigga is about.  As the movie progressed T's character started aggrandize and he just came off as the epitome of a dope nigga.  I mean he was That Nigga in this movie.

Hollywood must have outlawed having niggas come off this dope in the movies these days because it might become contagious in urban society.  This nigga didn't deal dope.  Didn't like the police.  Talked shit to the police.  Hustled hustlers.  Had women.  Had guap. Was sharp for 70's nigga. Changed 2 times a day.  Regular folks and gangsters came to this dude for help.  He was just the ultimate brotha and played that role to a T. 


This is like one of my favorite character movies if not my favorite character movie.  It progressed as movies do and nothing spectacular storyline wise occurred just a lot of coolness on T's part and enjoyability.  You're gonna get some laughs out of this one too, it's out of the 70's, but that is at its bare minimum.


My rating:
5/5 -    T  gets 2 points off of keeping it oh so playa alone.  The authenticity he exuded in this role could not be exhibited by anything less than a real muthafucka.  You can't fake tha bravado, you gotta have it in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment